Labour Pains and Giving Birth.

16 October 2016 Marks 9 Months since being in my wonderful Host country (Finland) that each day I grow to appreciate more and more almost as much as I do my beloved home country South Africa.

The number nine in a lot of cultures and Faiths has an important meaning and significance, as it means to be the number of life and breakthrough to a lot of people.

So I've reached my ninth month of exchange, what does this mean?
Im ready to give Birth!! Unlike many other pregnancies, the conception period and pregnancy took a lot longer than normal approximately over one year.
The beginning of my conception period of coming on the exchange began when I had the idea to apply for exchange. Not knowing which country I'd want to go to or what to expect, I started with my application process not expecting anything but willing to see where the wind will take me.

My pregnancy officially started a few weeks before I left for Finland as the normal symptoms of pregnancy started such as morning sickness. In my case morning sickness is finalising all my paperwork, getting ready to pack and leaving for my destination.

As this unusual yet interesting year began in such a weird yet wonderful country my pregnancy period slowly moved along. Such being shocked my the Icy cold weather when I got here, learning the language which seemed impossible to do at first, meeting new people, and along with my first Host Family taking up swimming classes, only then did reality kick in that I have a small precious life growing inside of me.

As my baby bump kept on getting bigger( and no I dont mean my exchange weight) it got to that stage that every pregnant person loves to hate and hates to love. My baby began kicking, each kick wilder than the other. As more and more my swimming lessons became harder, having to learn more Finnish songs with my choir, getting used to the weather here, Changing families, and building lasting relationships with people from around the world. I knew that a time is coming where this life must be birthed.

I lived through the cold winter and spring, survived the not so hot and boiling yet rainy Summer, enjoyed the Sunny nights, and now as I write this its autumn yet the temperature is only 5°C. I can now walk through the forests at night without any fear(Recently took part in an event where I spent the night in a forest, basically a catch the flag type of game).I grew to love the country, its people and culture. I made great friends who at times make me question my sanity, I learned more about myself and how much I can handle, and more and more appreciate this life I've been privilleged to have.

I'm now at a crucial stage. My baby is due soon Brixton Hicks pains are over, water has broke and contractions are very close. Its time I Birth this life and realise that me being here is no longer just an experience, its a life that I will carry with me forever.

Afterall the scariest part of a pregnancy is realising you have a whole new precious God given life in your hands thats your responsibility.

Here's to 9 months in Finland. To all the Friends and Family I have here, thank you so much for being a part of this new beautiful life I have.

Ensikertaaan
Kabelo Kable-o Mokgehle

Comments

  1. Omg dude. I loved it ..... and I read every single word imitating your voice. ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 Days

Lapland Tour