Slowly yet rapidly ending...

The time has come. One that is surely scary for me to acknowledge, exciting for some and sad for others. In less than 24 hours I will be boarding a plane journeying back to the Mother Land South Africa.

I say again that never in my entire life did I think that I will fall inlove with another country, its culture, its people and its life like the way I love South Africa. But I now feel the same amount of affection and love for Finland.
My time spent here has been beyond my imagination and such a blessing. Everyday even in the smallest way was so special and means so much to me. I came here a baby knowing nothing about this place, but now I feel I have gained a vast amount of knowledge, Wisdom and experience. Considering how impulsively I decided to come on exchange it remains one of the best decisions Ive taken. If this year was the best in my life, that is something yet to be debated.

•Firstly I would like to thank Rotary for giving me this opportunity. There arent many people who are graced with this opportunity but as one of the few who got it, I am extremely greatful.
•To my Host families, Thank you so much for opening up your homes and your lives to me. Its not easy having to live with a stranger from another country but you made me feel so welcome. You guys coloured the picture of what Finland is like to me. Kiitos paljon Haverinen ja Koskinen perhet.
•To My school Kannaksen lukio. From the moment I walked in and witnessed such a strange school setting I was thrown. The support system I got from the principal to the teachers and even the students was amazing. Spending time there was such a rollercoaster.
•To the Lahti Gospel Choir. Coming to sing with you guys was such an amazing experience. Joining a choir with in another country with people from different backgrounds was so thrilling. The time spent there was never wasted. I learnt so much from everyone and how you lived, with the bonus being singing. I never had so much when singing. It was truly a great experience, and now I can say I was a finalist in Finlands Got Talent because of you guys.

These are but a few Thank you's to those who helped shape My year. It is now I realise that the boarders of South Africa are a bit too small for me, considering all wonderful people I've met from all over the world. I was privilleged to meet and spend time with some of the best people from all corners of the world and some truly amazing Finnish people. To immerse myself in worldwide culture and learn more. I now take with new meaning the saying "The world is your oyster" and for me I found My Pearl here in Finland. Earning all that Ive earned I even earned a Finnish name "Kalle", given to me by a friend who said my name is too hard to pronounce. I now relish that name as it tells a story about my exchange year.
Coming on exchange of all things I learnt, I learnt how to love like never before. I learnt how to love all that is new, all that I am used to and all that would scare me. 

Having to build a life here and the thought of going away is torture. However I take with me the person I have grown to become. The young man who has broadened his Horizons and now has more to offer the world.

Nii, mun Rakkas Suomi!
Kiitos paljon kaikesta, minun vuosi täälä oli mahtava, hienoa kokemus elää tässä. Sinun sää oli kylmä mutta se oli erilaisia. Kiitos kaiki mitä oli erilaisia tämä vuonna, erilais sää, kulttuuri, kieli, koulu, ja liikenne. En voi uskoa minä lähde mutta tiedän tämä ei ole viimeinen kertaa. Kaikki mitä mä tein täälä en halua unohda. Sä olet rakkaus minulle!

I am faced with the thought of life after exchange and all that awaits me back in South Africa and in the whole world. I recently learnt a Spanish saying that says "Que será será" which means dont worry what will be will be.
To all the people Ive had the privillege of sharing my year with, thank you so much. I had an amazing time here and you helped make it this great. Life here at times was hard but you made it So much better. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I hope this is isnt the last time but somewhere around the world we will meet again.

Until Next Time
Kabelo Kable-o "Kalle" Mokgehle

Signing out.

Comments

  1. Photos you shared in this blog is so wonderful and nicely clicked. I am glad to read your blog. Thanks for sharing your information and photos with us.keep posting like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Labour Pains and Giving Birth.

100 Days

Lapland Tour